EGU Men's D1
There is one group of four (4) teams
Each team will play nine (9) matches; six (6) in the fall 2022 and three (3) in the spring 2023. The winner of the league advances to the Atlantic Super Regional.
EGU Men's D2
There is one group of four (4) teams
Each team will play a match vs each of the other teams home and away for a total of six (6) matches. The winner of the league advances to the Atlantic Super Regional.
Competition points will be awarded as follows:
- Match points
- 4 points will be awarded for a win
- 2 points will be awarded for a draw
- 0 points will be awarded for a loss
- Bonus points
- 1 point will be awarded to a team that loses a match by 7 points or less
- 1 point will be awarded to a team scoring 4 tries or more in a match
- Total competition points will be match points plus bonus points
- Forfeits are recorded to the winning team (not responsible for forfeit) as a 28-0 win (4 tries with a win bonus point for 5 competition points total).
- Any forfeiting Team shall receive (-5) points.
Standings will be determine by total competition points. If teams are tied on competition points in the final standings, then the following tie-breakers will be used to determine the league winner.
- Number of Wins (W)
- Head-to-Head Competition Points (PTS)
- Head-to-Head Number of Wins (W)
- Head-to-Head Points Differential (PD)
- Head-to-Head Tries Differential (TD)
- Head-to-Head Points For (PF)
- Head-to-Head Tries For (TF)
- Overall Points Differential (PD)
- Overall Tries Differential (TD)
- Overall Points For (PF)
- Overall Tries For (TF)
- Coin Flip
EGU Men's D3
There are five (5) groups: CT, NJ, Upstate East, and Upstate West each with four (4) teams and Metro with six (6) teams.
All teams will play six (6) league matches. During the regular season play, competition points will be awarded as described for D2. Standings will be determine by total competition points as described for D2. At the end of the regular season, the top team in each group will advance to the playoffs and be seeded 1 to 5 based on competition points. In addition, three wildcards (based on competition points) will advance to the playoffs and be seeded 6-8.
29OCT2022 EGU Quarter finals
- D3QF #1: #8 @ #1
- D3QF #2: #7 @ #2
- D3QF #3: #6 @ #3
- D#QF #4: #5 @ #4
05NOV2022 EGU D3 semifinals.
- Winner D3QF #1 vs Winner D3QF #3 (at Higher Seed)
- Winner D3QF #2 vs Winner D3QF #4 (at Higher Seed)
12NOV2021 EGU D3 final
- The winners of the semis will play in the EGU final at the higher remaining seed. The winner of the final will be the EGU D3 Champion and advance to the USA Atlantic Super Region final four.
EGU Men's D4
There are three groups, Upstate with five (5) teams, Metro with five (5) teams, and NJ/NY with three (3) teams.
Each team will play 4 matches within its group. During the regular season play, competition points will be awarded as described above for D2. Standings in each will be determine by total competition points. If teams are tied on competition points in the final standings, the tiebreakers described above for D2 will be used. The top team in each group will advance to the playoffs and will be seeded #1 to #3, in addition, one (1) wild card will advance to the playoffs and will be seeded #4. The EGU playoffs will be as follows:
22OCT2022 EGU D4 Semifinals
- #4 @ #1
- #3 @ #2
29OCT2022 EGU D4 Final
- The winners of the semifinals will play in the EGU D4 final at the higher seed. If the same seed wins each semifinal, then coin flip will be used to determine the home team.
DURING REGULAR SEASON PLAY, ALL TIED MATCHES REMAIN AS A TIE. IN PLAYOFF MATCHES TIES WILL BE BROKEN AS DESCRIBED IN THE EGU POLICY MANUAL.
Spring 2023 Atlantic North Super Regional (EGU, NERFU, EPRU, Capital) Playoffs. Site and seeding to be determined.
- Semifinals: Saturday 29APR2022 for D2, D3, and D4 Men and D2 and D3 Women.
- Final: Sunday 30APR2022. The winners advances of Dto the USA Rugby final four. Results from the final and consolation finals will be used for seeding teams in subsequent years.
An Atlantic North Super Regional playoff for D4 Men and D3 Women but winners do not advance beyond as there is no USA Rugby Championship for these divisions.