Series kicks off on June 15 at Rockaway Beach 7s
Men, Women, Girls, Boys
Empire GU previously announced its 2019 EGU Summer 7s Series. Below are some updates to general information and adds for 2019:
Local, Club 7s: Empire GU 7s Championship Series
- As is standard, each Empire event has a high school competition
- New for 2019: closed Men's and Women's series, EGU club teams only (one side per club per division)
- $500 deposit/bond per team (refundable based on participation) due Sunday, 6/9 send via Paypay (use the"friends and family option") to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Major financial benefit? Participating clubs will receive a heavily discounted entry fee into the Men's and Women's EGU divisions across the four events.
- Please contact the Executive Director of Sevens with any questions, email@example.com
- Clubs are welcome to participate a la carte at full price to the Tournament
National Championship Pathway: Northeast Women's Sevens Championship Series
- Closed series, $500 refundable deposit/bond due
- Friday 5/31, send via Paypay (use the"friends and family option") to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tournament Schedule posted here
- Please note, Boston Union Point 7s is 6/29
All the action kicks off on June 15 at the 43rd Annual Rockaway Beach 7s Tournament, hosted by Rockaway RFC. The series then moves to Binghamton (Roadkill 7s) on June 22, Danbury (Tri-State 7s) on June 29, and following a week off for the 4th of July holiday, the series concludes at the Salt City 7s in Syracuse on July 13.
Empire 7s: W/M/G/B
Registration / Information
|Rockaway: 43rd Annual Beach 7s Tournament
|Binghamton: Roadkill 7s
|Danbury: Tri-State 7s
|Syracuse: Salt City 7s
2019 Empire GU 7s Series Rules (TBA)
The Empire would like to remind all Clubs and their teams that the Summer 7s Championship Series is only successful with their participation, enthusiasm, and awareness. Revised rules, registration fees, and other useful admin info will be rolled out in the coming weeks so that players, clubs, admins, coaches, and referees can continue to plan their summer. Club teams are encouraged to reach out to the local college teams to start recruiting athletes for the circuits! Direct any Sevens related questions to email@example.com. #EGUSummer7s #EGU7s
- Pay registration fees as far in advance as possible. Do you want to know the tournament schedule by the time Thursday practice rolls around so that you can adequately prepare your logistics? Register ASAP and expect online registration to close on Sunday the week of the event.
- Encourage their Club referees to make themselves available to both RRSNY and NYSRRS for scheduling;
- Be prepared to prove a competent touch judge for each game they play (with the exception of the championship game, when referees may be utilized);
- Be a CIPP’ed club with liability insurance and know if all their CIPP rostered persons have adequate medical/health insurance per USAR requirements;
- Know in advance how many games (win or lose) they are expected to play. All Empire divisions will play through to 8th place. Failure to play in games, especially in the consolation bracket, may subject Clubs/teams to EGU disciplinary action;
- USAR's CIPP Transfer deadline is July 1. Do NOT wait until the last minute to transfer especially if you're planning on playing in round 1 or 2 of the Empire Series. Get the paperwork started.
- EGU's longstanding tradition of assisting college players with the jump to senior Club rugby by refunding the CIPP transfer fee ($45) is currently a motion in the 45 day review period. Start the transfer process and save your receipts.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions